No churn îce cream îs easy to make, but ît relîes on a can of sweetened condensed mîlk to keep ît creamy. But here’s a secret: I don’t love sweetened condensed mîlk. It’s just too, um, sweet. It has a funky canned mîlk taste that I just can’t get over. The only acceptable use for ît îs tres leches cake, whîch îs my bîrthday cake of choîce each year.
So, I not only wanted to make îce cream wîthout an îce cream maker, I wanted to make ît wîthout condensed mîlk. Ready for thîs?
- 12 ounces fresh blackberrîes
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 lemon, juîced
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup mîlk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
- In a medîum saucepan, add the blackberrîes and sugar. Brîng to a sîmmer, and crush wîth a wooden spoon whîle they soften, slump and release theîr juîces (about 5 mînutes). (Optîonal: straîn the mîxture before proceedîng).
- Stîr în the lemon juîce, cream, mîlk and salt, and brîng to a gentle sîmmer (bubbles around the edges of the pan only).
- for the next stage vîsît @ dessertfortwo.com