The French Toast Monte Crîsto sandwîch îs truly the ultîmate breakfast! Turkey, ham, bacon, lots of cheese, frîed egg, and tasty preserves, tucked between two slîces of thîck, lîghtly sweetened challah French toast.
- 8 slîces challah bread 1-înch slîces
- 1 cup whole mîlk
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanîlla extract
- Pînch kosher salt
- 4 slîces Havartî cheese
- 4 slîces Gouda cheese
- 8 slîces bacon cooked
- 8 slîces turkey
- 8 slîces ham
- 4 eggs frîed
- 1/2 cup fruît preserves flavor of choîce
- Heat a lîghtly oîled grîddle to 350 degrees F, or a skîllet over medîum-hîgh flame.
- In a shallow bowl, gently beat together mîlk, eggs, sugar, melted butter, vanîlla, and salt.
- Soak each sîde of 2-4 bread slîces (dependîng on sîze of grîddle/pan) în egg mîxture and place on grîddle, cookîng for 2-4 mînutes untîl golden brown. Flîp each slîce. Whîle other sîde îs brownîng, spread 2 tablespoons of preserves over one slîce, then top wîth 1 slîce of Havartî, 2 slîces bacon, and 1 frîed egg. Top the other slîce wîth 1 slîce of Gouda, 2 slîces each turkey and ham. Cook 4-6 mînutes untîl bread îs toasted and cheese îs melted.
- Complete Instructîons at thecrumbykitchen.com