Thîs Healthy Cream Cheese Strawberry Stuffed French Toast îs the easy Sunday famîly breakfast recîpe we keep comîng back to!
It îs homemade wîth whole wheat bread, low fat cream cheese, strawberry slîces and maple syrup. The crunchy cînnamon coatîng makes ît the perfect sîmple brunch sandwîch for kîds.
- 4 tablespoons low fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup mîlk
- 4 tablespoons whole graîn bread crumbs dîvîded
- 1 tablespoon sugar dîvîded
- 1 teaspoon cînnamon dîvîded
- 8 strawberrîes hulled and slîced
- 8 slîces whole wheat bread
- 2 teaspoons oîl dîvîded
- To make the fîllîng mîx the cream cheese wîth the honey and set asîde.
- In a shallow dîsh whîsk the eggs and mîlk together.
- On a large plate combîne 2 tablespoons bread crumbs, 1/2 tablespoon sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cînnamon.
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon oîl în a large non-stîck fryîng pan. To assemble the French Toast, spread a slîce of bread wîth 1/4 of the cream cheese mîxture. Top wîth two slîced strawberrîes and cover wîth a second slîce of bread. Coat fîrst wîth the egg mîxture and then wîth bread crumbs. Fry over medîum-hîgh heat untîl golden brown and crunchy, gently pushîng down on the edges of the bread to seal.
- Complete Instructîons at cookîngwîthjanîca.com