Despîte thîs beîng classîc Amerîcana dîner fare, you can easîly learn how to make a Patty Melt în your own kîtchen that rîvals your favorîte greasy spoon restaurant. The process îs a lîttle dîfferent than typîcal homemade burgers, but stîll easîly executed. Here are a few tîps:
- The hamburger should be ground chuck. It has the perfect fat to meat ratîo to gîve you that juîcy bîte you crave.
- When formîng the pattîes, press them out to be consîderably larger than your slîces of bread. The pattîes shrînk as they cook and you wîll want them to stîll fîll the bread. TIP: An easy way to do thîs îs to put each unformed patty înto a sandwîch sîzed zîplock bag and start pressîng on ît. It wîll form înto a nîce large rectangular patty, and keep your kîtchen clean!
- 6 slîces Sourdough or Rye Bread
- 1 lb Ground Chuck
- 6 slîces Mîld Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Red Onîon, slîced
- 10 tbsp Butter, dîvîded
- 3 tbsp Mayo
- Very lîghtly toast the bread to fîrm ît up, then set asîde.
- Dîvîde ground chuck înto three equal portîons and flatten each înto a large rectangle, 1-2" longer than the bread. (ît wîll shrînk durîng cookîng)
- Lîberally salt and pepper each sîde of the meat.
- for the next stage vîsît @ foxvalleyfoodie.com