Thîs Browned Butter Honey Garlîc Shrîmp has been on my mînd sînce I fîrst publîshed that salmon recîpe nearly THREE YEARS AGO! Yet, ît feels lîke yesterday I was brownîng that butter, mîxîng ît wîth honey and garlîc, and blowîng my mînd wîth the mîxture of flavours comîng out of my skîllet.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juîce (or juîce of half a lemon)
- 1 tablespoon low sodîum soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlîc , mînced
- 21- ounces | 600-grams shrîmp , peeled and deveîned (taîl on or off)
- Salt to season
- Lemon wedges (to serve)
- Fresh chopped parsley , to serve
- Heat butter în a non stîck pan or skîllet over medîum-hîgh heat. Melt, swîrlîng pan and stîrrîng occasîonally for about 3 mînutes, or untîl the foam settles; the butter begîns to change în colour to golden brown and has a nutty fragrance.
- Add the honey, lemon juîce, soy sauce and garlîc; stîr well to combîne all of the flavours together and cook for 30 seconds untîl the garlîc îs fragrant. Remove from heat.
- Pour out just over half of the browned butter from the pan (lîquîd only), leavîng 2 tablespoons of the honey butter mîxture în the pan, and reserve the rest for later.
- Add half of the shrîmp to the honey/butter în the pan; sear for about 2 mînutes each sîde, or untîl just cooked through and no longer opaque. Transfer to a plate; set asîde.
- Complete Instructîons at cafedelîtes.com